She's turning three in three days. Currently trampling Australia and still doesn't have a permanent address... She's our daughter Luna.
And here are more random facts about this little globe trotter:
1. She was born in an old hotel converted to a hospital. She's half Filipino, half Persian.
2. Her first beach trip: San Juan, La Union, Philippines.
3. First out of the country trip: Macau
4. Her first couchsurfing experience was in the middle of Mullumbimby's forest, New South Wales, Australia. We stayed at a solar-powered studio outside our host's house.
5. She first walked by herself at Aguas Calientes' (Machupicchu Pueblo, Peru) train station. We were stranded for hours because of a landslide that covered the tracks. She must have searched for something to do.
6. Her first word was taught to her by Sofia Vergara and Elmo. She shouted "Baile!" out of the blue while we are at the common area of a guesthouse in Miraflores, Peru where we bunked for more than a week. Her second word's "mama". Her longest statement to date is "Put that sugar in the tea." which she constructed in Turkey.
7. Seen for a few seconds on Balitang Amianan when hubby was interviewed about Tam-Awan Village in Baguio, Philippines.
8. She's quite an adventurous eater. She liked saluyot soup (ate in Myanmar), seaweed (ate in the U.S.), pickled ginger (ate in Singapore), reed (ate in Lake Titicaca, Peru) — I know, WTH?! — and olives (ate in Morocco). Especially olives.
9. Out of all the places we've visited, it's the "White Mountain" (Pamukkale, Turkey) that she remembers most. She can't stop talking about it 'til this very day.
10. We consider our 7-day Gobi Desert trip as Luna's biggest adventure. She puked for 4 days out of the 7.
11. A van we hired from Sagada to Baguio got into an accident. Luna's first and hopefully last accident. None of us passengers got hurt but a girl crossing the Halsema highway hit our van when it screeched to a halt. We rushed the girl to the hospital, and all the while she and her mum were aboard the van, Luna was creepily smiling at her.
12. Luna hiked halfway up a snake-infested mountain in Georgia by herself. It's her longest hike ever. Our destination, the other half of Davit Gareji Monastery on Azerbaijani soil. We crossed the border on foot without having our passports stamped.
13. Her fave animal's the elephant. Maybe that's why her fave cartoon is Dumbo.
14. She loves walking barefoot. And doesn't like sleeping under a blanket.
15. She looks for her bubba first thing in the morning. Yep, not me.
16. She says 'goodbye' to toys whenever we leave a toy shop. She rarely asks us to buy one.
17. She has unfortunately seen a goat get slaughtered. Yeah, that same goat in the photo. Perhaps that's why she prefers to eat veggies.
18. She has already made one boy cry when we left Phonsavan, Laos.
This page was viewed times.